- Post 28 April 2014
- Hits: 133631
It is the time of year when lawns require more frequent maintenance, especially in regards to the regular use of lawnmowers. Of course, lawnmowers work because of the sharp blades that cut grass at the desired length. In order to achieve the best results from a lawnmower, it is imperative to sharpen the blades at least twice per season.
Some of the benefits that follow blade sharpening include:
- Decreasing the amount of time it takes to mow a lawn
- Providing cleaner cuts so grass recovers quicker
- Helping the grass to look greener and fuller
- Reducing the occurrence of grass diseases such as fungal growth
- Increasing the life of a lawnmower
There are numerous reasons that illustrate why using sharpened blades on a lawnmower prove to be beneficial. Of course, while sharp blades provide substantial advantages, it is important to remain cognizant of the fact that sharp blades are also dangerous and should always be handled with caution in order to avoid injuries.